[governance] Google's officer with detention order in brasil

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 06:42:16 EDT 2012

Adequately chastised, you did not say that. Perhaps let me be more
precise and make my point based on deductions of what I see as the
positions expressed

... If freedom for corporations, like Google,  is important in
developing countries then should the same standard not apply to CIR and
other issues in the US? If so, then why is the systemic issue of
Internet Governance not factored in (high or low) in order to inform the
overall perspective?

I am not against the Human Rights argument (actually with the crisis
these seem to be more needed now in developing countries) but the
framing of the arguments regarding countries needs to be more evenly
applied.