[governance] Google's officer with detention order in brasil

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:54:14 EDT 2012

The issue below can also be framed with less simplicity... there is an
intersection of self-interest and public interest... by seeing it only
one way, we may miss important aspects of the case, including the fact
that human rights are essentially litigated mainly by corporations
asserting rights rather than natural persons... after Citizens United
decision in the US, many ought to give this framing some more
consideration as it may be too simple...

On your latter point, are you opting for the easy route of unilateral US
control? You may as well be explicit...