[governance] How to Block Pornographic Websites

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Sep 22 10:36:28 EDT 2012

On Sep 22, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Shcherbovich Andrey <dvbirve at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Dear colleagues.
>
> In Russia there is a criminal pornographic website http:\\shockmodels.info Child porn, cyberslapping, bullying, fraud. It has different mirrors in Germany, Czech Rep. and other countries. Please tell me how to block it generally. Is there a way to go?

Andrey -

  Blocking of websites is fairly difficult due to their ability to rapidly
  change both domain names and their hosted IP address. However, production
  and distribution of child pornography is nearly universally recognized
  as a criminal matter and as such there are additional steps one should
  consider.

  Note - I do not know what can be done about the other categories that
  you have identified (nor even whether they represent a criminal matter),
  but with respect to child pornography, please report it promptly here:

  <http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2936>

  Click on banner at the top of the page entitled "MAKE A CYBERTIPLINE REPORT ->"

  This information will reviewed and made available to USG Internet Crimes
  Against Children (ICAC) Task Forces, as well as pertinent international
  federal, state, and international authorities.

Thank you!
/John