[governance] Bangladesh Govt blocks YouTube

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:52:25 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
> wrote:

> On Sep 19 16:26, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro (
> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > > I thought the topic was a possible caucus statement on the censorship
> > > of youtube, and I've tried to stick to that.
> > > And if it hasn't become clear yet, I would support a statement
> > > condemning violence but not one demanding censorship.
>
> > @ Tapani there was never any discussion on demanding censorship
>
> I must have misunderstood some messages, then.
> My apologies for all concerned.

We are all advocates of an open and free internet at least I think we are.
Developing a statement will help to give us an opportunity to craft
messages about our position in the midst of the turmoil. How we wordsmith
would be collaborative but first it has to resonate within the IGC. If the
general consensus is not to develop a statement, then we won't.

> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala