[governance] ICANN Africa Strategy

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:38:47 EDT 2012

Dear Alice,

I cannot speak for At Large or ALAC but capacity building within At Large
is something of a priority. Speaking in my own personal capacity, there is
a need to increase diversity of participation and voices into the policy
making process.

Following the ICANN meeting in Dakar, I had written a proposal to At Large
which was transferred to another part of the Wiki, see:

https://community.icann.org/x/J5vbAQ

As you can imagine the figures need to be updated etc.We are also preparing
 dashboard that should help us measure meaningful participation.

Kind Regards,
Sala

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Alice Munyua <alice at apc.org> wrote:

>  Dear Colleagues,
>
> During the ICANN Prague meeting an ICANN Africa Strategy working group
> (ASWG) was set up to develop a framework for ICANN's Africa strategy .
> The strategy will aim to support a stronger presence for ICANN in Africa
> and to increase African participation in ICANN as well as promote the
> multi-stakeholder model.
>
> This effort forms part of ICANN's  global strategy with a special focus on
> developing countries.
>
> The group has now posted working documents for comments and contributions
> here: http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/icann-aswg
>
> Please visit and share your views.
>
> Best regards
> Alice Munyua