[governance] Fwd: Joint civil society letter to ITU member states

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Sep 6 03:25:09 EDT 2012

Hi

On Sep 6, 2012, at 7:50 AM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> in case either we as the Internet Governance Caucus, or any of our individual groups, may wish to sign on

It would be good if the IGC could sign on, inter alia to help build connections to other advocacy networks & audiences that don't see themselves as focused on IG per se.

> It is not to be confused with a separate statement which will come out of the "Best Bits" meeting at Baku, and about which I will write soon.

I hope that BB can agree on a different sort of letter that speaks directly to the main motivations and specific issues in play in the telecom world.  That would be complementary to more broadly framed procedural & human rights oriented statements like this.  It would also serve as a useful input to the WCIT workshop on day 1 and the WCIT discussion in the CIR main session on day 2 of IGF.

Best,

Bill