[governance] ICANN stumbling on a hornet nest

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Sep 3 03:48:28 EDT 2012

In message
<20120902181555.16F4E21AB6 at inbound-queue-3.mail.thdo.gradwell.net>, at
13:46:48 on Sun, 2 Sep 2012, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> writes
>I am afraid that what is different about the ICANN system is that no
>one in the world really cares (except those who gambled K$ 185+ in this
>make believe). This is only for the ICANN/NTIA "IN" class of the US
>legacy Internet DNS system.

If people don't care, what's the harm in them ignoring the whole thing
and living with the results? Because if they don't care, I assume you
mean whatever the results are, it won't significantly affect them.

I don't care that Beach Volleyball is now an Olympic sport. I think it's
a bit lightweight for such a competition, but if the officials and
athletes are happy, what business of mine is it to spoil their party?
I'll simply continue to not-watch it, like I don't watch most of the
other sports.
--
Roland Perry