[governance] U.S. - Japan Policy Cooperation Dialogue on the Internet Economy

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Oct 29 21:00:51 EDT 2012

The Internet is a construct that may be global but it's use is subject to national and local laws.

The Internet governance framework so far is based on regulation - the icann and Iana charter say, and on its administration.   Each entity such as the RIRs for example are subject to the laws of the country they are based in.

--srs (iPad)