[governance] U.S. - Japan Policy Cooperation Dialogue on the Internet Economy

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Oct 23 20:23:40 EDT 2012

Certainly, if any two entities commit resources, experts etc and come up with a useful set of best practices, which is what a framework is, when you boil it down, it is out there, and for any country to adopt, or not, as it suits them.

Knowing the USA and Japan, industry and civil society is likely much deeper engaged, and thus contributing a much hier level of expertise, than in other countries where you would only get a token window dressing level of presence from non government stakeholders.  So I would count that as a second plus.

When we talk of multistakeholderism, we need to beware of demanding a stake "just because".  Unless there is something significant .. Not necessarily money ... to contribute.

--srs (iPad)