AW: [governance] Re: [igf_members] Proposal: Human Rights Roundtable

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Oct 22 09:38:22 EDT 2012

The difference is that human rights are natural rights (own by the indivdual him/herself). Human rights are not "given" by government, it is that the governments have a legal obligation to respect and promote human rights. Consumer rights are contractual rights between a producer/service provider and a user/consumer based on general legislation provided by the government/parliament.

wolfgang