[governance] Principles

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Oct 2 02:51:59 EDT 2012

I thought that I'd add that I find the following to be an extremely
useful starting point when talking about internet governance:

First Law of the Internet
http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog-archives/000059.html

+ Every person shall be free to use the Internet in any way
  that is privately beneficial without being publicly
  detrimental.

   - The burden of demonstrating public detriment shall
     be on those who wish to prevent the private use.

       - Such a demonstration shall require clear and
         convincing evidence of public detriment.

   - The public detriment must be of such degree and extent
     as to justify the suppression of the private activity.

   --karl--