[governance]http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/27/net-us-un-internet-idUSBRE8AQ06320121127

jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 30 12:45:52 EST 2012

+1

Thanks, Michael

Jean-Louis Fullsack

> Message du 30/11/12 17:01
> De : "michael gurstein"
> A : governance at lists.igcaucus.org, "'Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch'"
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [governance] http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/27/net-us-un-internet-idUSBRE8AQ06320121127

Huh? I'm curious what you see as a "massive ad hominem attack"… that I see the simultaneous, dare I say somewhat hypocritical blustering against Internet regulation and governance alongside a quite reasonable recognition that some governance and regulation is required; and then pointing out that reasonable people can disagree on what the nature of the issues being governed and regulated might be (and the appropriate venue as to where that governance/regulation might take place);  and then rather humbly (I would say) suggesting that perhaps rather than mobilizing the millions in a crusade against what might seem to be paper tigers/windmills, perhaps some of the same resources might go into figuring a rather more globally equitable way of determining which of those governance/regulatory issues should be addressed and in what venue(s) is somehow a personal attack on anyone rather escapes me… but maybe you have me mixed up with someone else in the demon pool…