[governance] Indian Express on privacy

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Nov 26 07:22:28 EST 2012

Hi,

I dont get it either.

As far as I can tell the IGC caucus places not such numerical limitations on people.
Yes we warn against repetitive or excessive.  but isn't that for the co-cos to decide?
If one is engaged in a debate, especially since we do not have a chat channel, then it may even be appropriate behavior.
Even if you don't agree with what the person is saying.

And I am not sure what I care about more:

- lots and lots of little messages
- or big long complicated ones

Is excessive defined by the number of messages or by the number of characters

then again if we are talking about netiquette rules we don't have, ie. the number of message on a theme per day, how about,

- people who copy long history of messages in their messages using up precvious benadwidth
- people who do not trim the to and cc lists

I could go on.

I think making arguments about other's netiquette should be restricted to the coordinators and should be restricted to the rules we have adopted.
it might even breech netiquette since it might

- be discourteous commentary, regardless of the general subject
-  cause an IGC list to become a hostile environment

Though I am not in the position to determine that as I am not a co-co and might be breaking netiquette by merely mentioning that you might be breeching netiquette.

cheers,

avri