[governance] FW: [MobileActive Discuss] Why Cell Phones Went Dead After Hurricane Sandy- Bloomberg

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Nov 20 04:42:47 EST 2012

I had written:

Alejandro Pisanty Baruch <apisan at unam.mx> replied:
> isn't that what we are already doing? What else, if not, are ICANN,
> ISOC, the RIRs, the NRO, the IETF, the EFF, FreedomHouse, the Dynamic
> Coalition on Internet Core Values, the Dynamic Coalition on Internet
> Rights and Principles, CitizenLab, EPIC, the APWG, the MAAWG, Diplo,
> APC, and so many others doing?
>
> Maybe I missed something?

What is missing from my perspective is:

* Adequate emphasis on operationalization in the sense of, as srs has
  put it, "move something out of the realm of word docs and powerpoint
  into real life policy and technology that gets broadly adopted".

* Adequate emphasis on developing (and then implementing) suitable
  strategies for achieving that goal of operationalization with regard
  to the above-mentioned objectives 1 and 2.

Greetings,
Norbert