[governance] Indonesia for IGF 2013

Jac sm Kee jac at apcwomen.org
Wed Nov 14 01:13:23 EST 2012

here's a good write up about internet and human rights in indonesia as
part of giswatch 2011:
http://www.giswatch.org/en/country-report/civil-society-participation/indonesia

btw, the IGF is also i think co-organised by ICT Watch (civ soc
organisation) and APJII (internet ISP association) with the govt, so a
multistakeholder initiative.. wld be interesting to see how this pans out

jac

On 10/11/2012 08:42, Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google wrote:
> Indonesian officials at the IGF 2012 Booth said it will be at Bali
> Nusa Dua (http://www.baliconventioncenter.com) not Bali
> International ( http://www.baliconvention.com)
>
> There are several hotels within walking distance and had a map
> available for distribution to confirm.
>
> The Caribbean has some historical affinity to Indonesia ... many
> descendants in Suriname are originally from Java. On Nov 9, 2012
> 3:18 PM, "Izumi AIZU" <iza at anr.org> wrote:
>
>> Holding International Conferences in Bali is very often observed
>> in Indonesia.
>>
>> They have good conference facility, International Convention
>> Center, and I assume that will be the venue unless there will be
>> a new one. http://www.baliconvention.com
>>
>> I think APRICOT was held there, as well as APNIC meetings. So the
>> organizers of these events could tell more.
>>
>> Hotels are not too close, but I think most major international
>> hotels are within 30 min bus ride.
>>
>> Unlike Jakarta, where there will be not much traffic jam, the
>> traffic will be not that bad. It is not that close to the local
>> places, but that is, for IGF, a secondary condition, I guess.
>>
>> izumi
>>

>> 2012/11/10 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch <apisan at unam.mx>:
>>> Colleagues,
>>>
>>> I don't know Indonesia, nor Bali in particular, so, question:
>>> is holding
>> the meeting in Bali the ultimate in sending the community to a
>> venue isolated from society? this time with a smile?
>>>
>>> Alejandro Pisanty
>>>
>>> ! !! !!! !!!! NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO
>>>

>>> +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
>>>
>>> +525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO
>>>
>>> SMS +525541444475 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty UNAM, Av. Universidad
>>> 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
>>>
>>> Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com LinkedIn:
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty Unete al grupo UNAM en
>>> LinkedIn,
>> http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty ---->> Unete a ISOC
>>> Mexico, http://www.isoc.org .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>>> .  .  .  .
>>>
>>> ________________________________________ Desde:
>>> izumiaizu at gmail.com [izumiaizu at gmail.com] en nombre de Izumi
>> AIZU [iza at anr.org]
>>> Enviado el: viernes, 09 de noviembre de 2012 07:12 Hasta:
>>> governance Asunto: [governance] Indonesia for IGF 2013
>>>
>>> Here's the note of speech by Indonesia Government's head of
>>> delegation, Mr. Djoko Agung Harijadi. Secretary of Director
>>> General of ICT Application, Ministry of Commtmication and
>>> Information Technology, Indonesia (government)
>>>
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Indonesia welcomes the outcome of the forum, which aims to
>>> foster the sustainability ,,,,, of the Internet.
>>>
>>> Indonesia is a strong believer in the role of Internet ins
>>> supporting the development. 240 million people, spanning three
>>> time zones,
>>>
>>> Support by our economic growth, spread penetration of Internet
> [...]

- --
Jac sm Kee
Women's Rights Policy Coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications
www.apc.org | erotics.apc.org | www.takebackthetech.net
Skype: jhybeturle | Twitter: jhybe