[governance] MAG meeting this afternoon

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Nov 9 07:36:04 EST 2012

There was no plan to have MAG meeting during this IGF, unlike the past ones.

In part, Secretariat did not have enough capacity in the beginning
days of IGF, which was usually the date. In part, no one at MAG
inquired or proposed MAG meeting.

Thinking that no MAG meeting when leave Baku is a big loss, I proposed
this morning to have ad hoc MAG meeting during lunch time. With very
short notice, a total of 22 people gathered and discussed our
take-aways of this IGF and also discussed about the way forward.

There will be more official minutes prepared and shared I hope, but we
reviewed this IGF with serious and critical views, around the duties
of MAG, as well as some logistical aspects. WE also discussed things
between now and February MAG meeting in Paris, agreed to work together
for practical and effective preparation.

I will report more later,

izumi