[governance] IGF Establishment

Sonigitu Ekpe sonigituekpe at crossriverstate.gov.ng
Wed May 30 15:46:33 EDT 2012

Dear Great Fellows and Friends,
The IGF is really matured.+1@ Avri.--
Sonigitu Ekpe Project Support Officer[Agriculturist] Cross River Farm Credit Scheme Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources 3 Barracks Road P.M.B. 1119 Calabar - Cross River State, Nigeria. Mobile +234 805 0232 469    Office + 234 802 751 0179  "LIFE is all about love and thanksgiving"
Avri Doria  wrote:
>                 On 30 May 2012, at 10:32, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>
> > Parminder:
> > Going back to the early days of the IGF, the IGF establishment firmly blocked any reference to EC in MAG discussion.
> >
> > Wolfgang:
> > Can you clarify what the "IGF establishment" is?
>

> Well the secretariat definitely did keep it off the agenda - Nitin said it did not belong to the IGF and we did not question this..  As a member of that secretariat until a year ago, I did not even begin to think of it as a possibility until I left the secretariat and started thinking for myself again and rereading the Sacred Books of WSIS.  It was, for all intents and purposes taboo, and no one in the MAG, up until today, ever seriously argued that it should be included.  Several voices in the IGC did (Jeremy foremost among them), and maybe even an advisor to the chair did, but I can't remember a MAG member doing so.
>
> And at that point, most of those from the Internet community were not willing to even discuss what we not euphemistically call management of critical Internet resources. I put it down to FUD and the immaturity of the organization at that point, it was still finding its way.  (I know some people object strongly to that way of looking at it)
>
> Now, the IGF is much more mature and has found out that no subject should be taboo. As far as I am concerned the IGF, and its MAG, should start plotting its own course.
>
> avri

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly destroy this message and notify the sender by replying the email in such instances. We do not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was originally sent and any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this message which do not relate to the business of this firm or are not authorized by us.The Cross River State Government is not liable neither for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.