IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed May 30 06:55:10 EDT 2012

It's quite a tough program, a lot of work.  Regular meetings of the
Fellows each morning before the main meeting sessions start, briefings
from various ICANN "insiders" (the various chairs, committee and
working group members etc.)  Fellows are encouraged to engage with
their colleagues, support eachother, and follow various tracks during
the meeting.  ICANN's processes are complex, issues pretty arcane and
hard to penetrate for people attending the first few times.  And then
they report back after the meeting both to the Fellow program and to
some local networks.

Much more than a travel program, tries to help people understand what
ICANN does and to be quickly able to contribute. Seeing it from the
outside it seems well designed, past Fellows generally speak highly of
it, and I think there are a few on this list.  And yes, critical
voices fine.

Adam