[governance] IGF and Enhanced Cooperation

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Tue May 29 11:39:12 EDT 2012

Dear Lee

The problem with this is that we are not likely to get government
participation, and, I really believe that we do need to get particularly
developing country government voices. If the EC meeting overlaps with
the ministerial we are more likely to get gov participants.

We have very good participation in the human rights pre-event we
convened last year.

But a post IGF civil society meeting could still be a very good idea..
to focus on the views and debates among civil society on EC.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692