[governance] My memo from Tunis Nov 2003 - Prepcom 3 bis negotiations

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue May 29 10:48:30 EDT 2012

I quite agree that IGF and EC are separate processes does not mean we
should separate everything each other, at all.

First of all, I wrote Tunis 2003, but of course it was 2005, thanks to Milton!

And therefore I agree that we can discuss about EC at IGF. IGF is
forum for dialogue on IG public policy related matters, without
restriction.

Whether (current) IGF is the best place to deal with EC or not, is
another issue. I said "something similar to IGF, a new WG should be
established directly under UNSG".

This, in reality, could mean UN DESA controls, not CSTD.

izumi