[governance] My memo from Tunis Nov 2003 - Prepcom 3 bis negotiations

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Tue May 29 04:39:03 EDT 2012

Thanks Izumi.. and yesterday I had a note from someone who was in the
negotations and he also remembered that EC and IGF were seen as two
processes, related, but separate - i.o.w. agreeting with your and Adam's
recollections.

But I don't think this conflicts with my and Avri's interpretation which
is that the IGF was meant to be a forum where EC is discussed. The IGF
was not meant to be a substitute of EC, nor a policy-making space, but a
space for dialogue about internet public policy issues and
participation, and this includes EC.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692