[governance] IGF and Enhanced Cooperation

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue May 29 08:25:44 EDT 2012

Hi,
Sorry for this late response. I thought I had sent this 12 hours ago, but
it was not.
In any case, I do support a workshop on EC at next IGF.
But as Bill puts, I just am not sure how we can organize one under the
official program since proposals are all sort of closed by now.
Maybe one possible way is to use the one IGC submitted and accepted on the
theme of IGF improvement,  or "#85 Quo vadis IGF- evolution of IGF" .

Yet that requires the consensus of all co-sponsors. That may be difficult
and may not be the best way forward as mixing IGF improvement and EC. What
do you guys think? If agree, I can ask them.
This is designated as Feeder Workshop, so summary of the discussion will be
transmitted to
the Main session on Taking Stock and the Way Forward.

I also strongly support and appreciate Anritte's and APC's initiative for
one day pre-event though we may have clash with other CS related meetings.

Third option is, to organize an Open Forum, I guess. It only says "All
major organisations dealing with Internet Governance related issues are
invited to submit proposals for Open
Forum<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/content/article/104-general/789-of>,
using this form <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/open-fora>. The deadline
for submission is *30 June 2012*."

Though the weight is somewhat light, we can still do within the IGF
program.

izumi

2012年5月29日火曜日 Avri Doria avri at ella.com: