[governance] CSTD: Adopted Resolution on WSIS and access to statements and recordings

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun May 27 12:29:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 27 May 2012, at 12:08, michael gurstein wrote:

> But maybe it means something more than that to you and I would be very
> interested in having you describe (another homework assignment :) what it
> might look like--without, dare I say, invoking as an example the IETF or any
> grouping that isn't larger than one than can comfortably meet in a room
> let's say the size of the UN GA (or a New England Town Hall..

You are asking me to be utopian again. And maybe I should try to write a novel or a play that shows how a bottom-up participatory democracy could work.  But I expect some aspect of my personality or day to day life will keep me from ever completing such a project.

I think the solution is an emergent one, and it is by doing the work (theory and design) and the experimentation (empiricism)  that we find the solution.  It is not about 1 advocates utopian visions.

The issue between the things you tell me not to use as examples and the global is a scaling factor.  I beleive that subsidiarity and aggregation moving, from the bottom, up to areas of greater scope that can't be handled at the local would be a key to any solution.

And I beleive that finding the ways to use e-governance to reach people directly whereever possible (including making it possible to use everywhere) are a critical part of any solution. I.e governance by and of the Internet.

avri