[governance] Warning : Twitter Hack

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:20:54 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Bertrand de La Chapelle
<bdelachapelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as some of you may already know, there is a big hack circulating using
> Twitter to get passwords. and I was not vigilant enough.
>
> You receive a personal message saying something like : "someone is saying
> bad things about you" with a bit.ly URL from somebody you DO know, who has
> been compromised.

Like this:

Hello someone is making really bad rumors about you... bit.ly/JAOciW
Direct message sent by B. de La Chapelle (@bdelachapelle) to you
(@_McTim) on May 24, 9:38 PM.
	bdelachapelle
B. de La Chapelle

Not to worry, have already had one from another ICANN Director, so you
are in good company!

P.S. @Andrea....Is this the kind of thing the IETF is supposed to fix?

--
Cheers,