IETF WAS Re: [governance] Enhanced Cooperation (was Re: reality check on economics)

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue May 22 17:23:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

You are right, I have not done a professional comparative analysis.  Nor do I know of one.

But from a 30 year career of participating in all sort of organizations with all sorts of models, I find it to be the the most effective and the least prone to corruption of any I have had the pleasure to serve in. Also from a professional point of view based on an advanced degree that included  counseling in organizational settings based on group dynamics , I find it to have the healthiest group dynamics of any organization I have been part of.

If you have spent years serving in the IETF as well as other organizations and judge it inferior, I would be glad to hear why.  But unsubstantiated comments and the lack of a study we can all agree is unbiased, is hardly evidence.

avri