[governance] Re: On Enhanced Cooperation and the opportunity of a working group

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Mon May 21 08:31:53 EDT 2012

Dear Bertrand,

Thank you for sharing this.
At the meeting, I saw some sign of positive convergence to tackle this
difficult problem by articulating what are the real problems in a
mutually agreeable process, in a Working Group form, one way or
another.

In your words,
"setting up of a working group on this topic will only be useful if
its modalities are right and the participants engage in good faith,
fully assuming their responsibilities."

Of course, as I said, devils are in the details and where this WG be
anchored, say under CSTD, UNSG directly (like WGIG), or IGF is one
such devil I think.
But they are not "uncompromiseable" elements, in a larger picture I think.

izumi