[governance] Fwd: Appointing non-voting NomCom Chair

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed May 16 13:39:54 EDT 2012

Dear List,
We would like to formally name Thomas Lowenhaupt to be the NomCom
Chair 2012, for the selection of Appeals Team. He was the member of
the former NomCom and showed his great ability there, and he kindly
accepted our request already.

With his request, we came up with the attached document as draft
process for NomCom work. It's not complete, but hope this as a
starting document, and would like to listen to your comments for
further refinement.

We also like to designate two persons for the backup of Chair:
Ian Peter and and Jeremy Malcolm, in that order. Both have agreed
already for this position. Should the Chair could not continue the
job, then we will ask the backup person to take over.

As already announced, following are the five members of NomCom 2012:
Asif Kabani, Hakikur Rahman, Naveed-ul-Haq, Shahid Uddin Akbar, Wilson
Abigaba.

With this, I hope the NomCom 2012 could prepare the work and start it
when ready.

As this is to select the Appeals Team, the checks and balances
mechanisms against the Coordinators's decisions,  we will no way
intervene the substantive side of your work at all.

We trust the Chair and all members of NomCom to produce the great result.

Thank you for your hard work in advance,

Sala and Izumi

--
                     >> Izumi Aizu <<
Japan