[governance] Bradley Manning

nhklein nhklein at gmx.net
Thu Mar 15 21:20:07 EDT 2012

Maybe the Subject Line with the name of an individual is distracting -
what Wolfgang posted is about a statement by the United Nations special
rapporteur on torture, saying that the treatment of a prisoner in the
USA "was cruel, inhuman and degrading" - and it was in response to some
alleged activities on the Internet.

As the IGF is concerned  with Internet procedures based on the law, the
allegations of the United Nations special rapporteur on torture seem to
be an important element to be discussed, especially in relation to
concerns that all countries should be equally observing the content of
UN Conventions and treaties.

Norbert

On 03/16/2012 06:32 AM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> Why "instead"??
>
> --c.a.
>
> sent from a dumbphone
>
> On 15/03/2012, at 15:42, Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org
> <mailto:rguerra at privaterra.org>> wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang,
>>
>> Instead of sharing news on and about Manning, i'd be more interested
>> in you thoughts and those of others on this list what workshops might
>> be of interest ahead of the April 15th deadline.
>>
>> It's more or less a month from now.
>>
>> I personally believe that more time should be focused on strategy and
>> substantive contributions that will make IGF 2012 a success.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Robert
>> --
>> R. Guerra
>> Phone/Cell: +1 202-905-2081
>> Twitter: twitter.com/netfreedom <http://twitter.com/netfreedom>
>> Email: rguerra at privaterra.org <mailto:rguerra at privaterra.org>
>>
>> On 2012-03-15, at 5:05 PM, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/manning-treatment-inhuman/
>>> wolfgang

In April 2011, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.
Here are my latest postings:

Myanmar’s Roadmap to Democracy (27.2.2012)
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=800

The Freedom of Expression – China and Cambodia – and the Internet (4.3.2012)
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=839

After the International Women’s Day 2012 (9.3.2012)
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=862

If you want to receive these reports and comments regularly into your mailbox, you can, in the upper left corner of the website, "Enter your email address" into the box that says so, and then click on "Subscribe" - free of charge.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia