[igf_members] [cir] [governance] IGF 2012 - CIR?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Mar 6 09:10:36 EST 2012

Yes, Patrick, these are distinct issues - although I hope you mean "trade IP addresses" and not "trade domain names"? (Domain names have been tradeable since 1994 or so)

However, I hope by saying "keep [these] issues apart" you mean "keep them distinct."
They actually should not be kept apart, they are all related. Obviously, they all have to do with IP address governance and the institutional structure of the RIRs, IANA, and US govt.
With those caveats in mind, I support your itemization of the issues (subject to correction of #1 to say "IP addresses")
It is a very good list.

--MM