[governance] Oversight, was [liberationtech] Chinese preparing for a "Autonomous Internet" ?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Jun 28 09:22:15 EDT 2012

McTIm

  The FBI-DEA-IPv6 issue was only one example of possible public policy
issues. We saw others with regard to the earlier discussion on
delegation of cctlds. Issues of competition policies, FoE, IP, security
concerns..... are all  public policy issues. Tunis agenda asked for
"development of globally-applicable principles on public policy issues
associated with the coordination and management of critical Internet
resources". There are no such principles at present other than what is
largely, consciously and directly or unconsciously and indirectly,
imported from the US political and governance system. Even greater
perhaps is the 'unprincipled' (pun intended) narrow interests based
influence of US business and gov.

parminder