[governance] [liberationtech] Chinese preparing for a "Autonomous Internet" ?

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Wed Jun 27 17:08:47 EDT 2012

David,

Beyond some wandering, I think we agree. The personal destiny of the .iq
registry managers doesn't seem related to an IANA abuse, neither from
USG, nor from ICANN. Ok on that precise point. BTW, it was the sense of
my first post on the topic.
But - I wonder why - I cannot help but to imagine may be sort of...
coincidental relations between the country designated by the .iq ccTLD,
the Palestinian origin of the registry managers and the cruelty of their
trials and sentences.
And the global impression is not at the advantage of the US, I'm sad to
tell you such a thing. At the contrary, it seems to be a stone on the
increasing militarization of the Internet.
The America the world liked, the one of the Founding fathers, sister of
the European Enlightenments, is another one.

@+, best, Dominique