[governance] FBI, DEA, IPv6 & ICANN

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Wed Jun 27 02:54:40 EDT 2012

Dear people,

Yesterday (jun.26) here at ICANN 44 meeting in Prague, we had a meeting
of the ICANN board with the stakeholder group in which I participate
(NCSG). I had the opportunity to ask the board what they thought ICANN
should do about the FBI & DEA meddling in IPv6 deployment, as they
(ICANN) are the planet's governance body for names, *numbers* and protocols.

ICANN's Tom Anders immediately replied ICANN has nothing to do with it.
I was surprised, not only by Tom's statement, but also by the absolute
silence of the board on this issue.

Just to let you know.

fraternal regards

--c.a.