[governance] [liberationtech] Chinese preparing for a "Autonomous Internet" ?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Jun 24 18:08:04 EDT 2012

Parminder,

On Jun 23, 2012, at 6:39 AM, parminder wrote:
> My point is simple, there are much better and stronger safeguards with an international oversight, based on international law,  than the present US based system.

Not disagreeing as I am quite ignorant on international law, however can you list these 'much better and stronger safeguards'?

> And at least non US people have no reason to like the present system, including for its symbolic significance.

My impression (which may be wrong) is that no one on this list, not even I, actually likes the current system.  The problem is the lack of a viable alternative or a transition mechanism to get to that alternative should it exist.

Regards,
-drc