[governance] "Oversight"

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jun 14 21:16:03 EDT 2012

Alx, dear long time friend and comrade in arms,

Let me first acknowledge that within ICANN there have been some significant
changes in recent years as regards the AOC, so, yes, some changes are
occurring, and clearly some good work is going on.

But as regards the IANA contracts, root zone authorisation, and USG role,
which was the subject of my message -

I would very happily work with anyone in the technical community towards a
good evolution from current arrangements. I would very much like that
involvement. But the only place I am aware of where suggestions of any
pro-active sort are being made is this list, and its great to see increasing
involvement here. I guess that¹s a positive sign but it would be great to
see positive proposals on ways forward from people like NROs, ISOC, rootops,
etc.

Are there other actions I should be aware of, or initiatives under way which
I could assist with as regards this particular problem?

Ian Peter