[governance] "Oversight"

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Jun 9 02:07:18 EDT 2012

On Saturday 09 June 2012 11:18 AM, parminder wrote:
> Lee,
>
> My proposal is clear in not seeking any significant technical changes
> in the system, or perhaps even any change at all. So I dont know why
> this engineering/ working code and financial argument keeps on coming
> in when we are speaking of just the oversight model, largely the role
> that US gov plays at the moment. I would like to better understand
> this counter-argument. The US gov contributes neither working code not
> any significant finances to the present model. So why should an
> alternative oversight model assemble their technical and financial bid
> first for the changeover?

And if indeed it is to be insisted that the tech/ financial models have
to demonstrated first, it is not an invitation to go to the one
international agency that has the money and some tech resources to
attempt this kind of a thing - the ITU. But that is not acceptable
either, right! One cant be putting completely un-doable conditions on
the 'other party' and then say, see you are not able to do it and so you
dont deserve what you seek.

parminder