[governance] "Oversight"

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Thu Jun 7 18:24:30 EDT 2012

McTim,

It may well be true as you note that:

>Even in the poker scenario, the USG can produce 5 aces to anyone
>else's 4 aces.
>This is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

To now take Parminder's view on this, we are not in the game, if we are not at the table, or cannot even recognize what the table looks like.  Soo...from a global IG view, we now know who holds which cards. Which is progress of a sort.

And personally, I am very happy that root zone operators, under no contractual or other legal obligation to anyone, have trump cards.

As to what other cards or games to play going forward, that indeed - is the question.

Lee