[governance] Completely Ignored [was East Africa IGF - day 2, discussion of ITRs]

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Jul 24 08:54:53 EDT 2012

In message <500E5A94.3020706 at itforchange.net>, at 13:49:32 on Tue, 24
Jul 2012, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes

>> Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought anyone could organise an event
>>and  call it an IGF. It doesn't need permission from anyone.
>
>And of course next it will be claimed that anyone can organise a global
>IGF.

Not while calling it that, because the name is already taken (see my
example of the European IGF and EuroDIG) and it wouldn't be "The IGF" of
the Tunis Agenda.

But someone else could organise a differently-named global conference
about Internet Governance, the UN doesn't have a monopoly in that.

--
Roland Perry