[governance] IGF initiatives organizational principles - now on IGF Website

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Jul 19 22:02:20 EDT 2012

"IGF initiatives organizational principles" is placed today by the Secretariat
at the official IGF website, under the "IGF Initiatives" button.

http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf-initiatives

This is, I believe, the concluding draft out of a short meeting taken place
during the IGF Open Consultation in May. [correct me if I am wrong]

I am not saying this has been strictly applied to all regional and
national IGFs,
nor published before, but it provides a good guidance for our discussion.

izumi

------
Regional and national IGF initiatives should follow the principles and
practices of open, inclusive, non commercial, and multi-stakeholder
participation in both formulation of the initiative and in any events.

In order to be listed on the IGF website as an IGF initiative, IGF
initiatives should provide the following information to the IGF
Secretariat:

1. A report of past activities indicating the members of the initiatives
2. A list of members or main organizers comprising at least three
representatives of different stakeholder groups
3. A dedicated webpage or a website, with a contact person and a
working email address

izumi