[governance] Landmark decision by ITU Council on proposal for public consultation and open access

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Jul 15 12:40:22 EDT 2012

On 15 Jul 2012, at 03:26, Roland Perry wrote:

> In message <11B3A726-81F0-460A-967D-C816850BECA4 at ella.com>, at 20:50:22 on Sat, 14 Jul 2012, Avri Doria <avri at ella.com> writes
>
>> Now, how do we get into the WCIT meeting in December?
>
> You attach yourself to your national delegation. If you haven't got a relationship with them yet, time is running out to start building one.

Been trying for years.  The US delegation does not want to hear from the likes of me - they don't even let me on the mailing list.

I would prefer to see the ITU follow the pattern is revolutionized in the creation of WSIS.  It allowed the creation of the WSIS multistakeholder model and it should build on its good work and open the WCIT to the other stakeholders.

I think it is a problem that we remain beholden to national delegations that get to decide who they invite and who they don't  We are stakeholders in our own right and deserve at least WSIS level multistakeholder participation.

avri