[governance] Landmark decision by ITU Council on proposal for public consultation and open access

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Jul 15 03:26:06 EDT 2012

In message <11B3A726-81F0-460A-967D-C816850BECA4 at ella.com>, at 20:50:22
on Sat, 14 Jul 2012, Avri Doria <avri at ella.com> writes

>Now, how do we get into the WCIT meeting in December?

You attach yourself to your national delegation. If you haven't got a
relationship with them yet, time is running out to start building one.

Details of the national delegates are on the ITU membership website, and
always have been.

The ITU's scheme they just announced seems to be[1] a way of posting
comments which your national delegation can (but not MUST) read ahead of
their preparatory meetings for the WCIT - many rounds of which have
already taken place.

During the meeting I'm sure they'll be too busy to read any last-minnute
contributions.

[1] But I've only read the press releases.
--
Roland Perry