[governance] ECTF - initial draft proposal online

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Wed Jul 11 13:00:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I will be curious to see how this goes.  Do you expect any conversation in Vancouver? A bar BoF?
Note: IETF is also hosting non-WG mailing lists, so perhaps if you see an interest in the IETF environment you can talk to the ADs about getting one of those going.  I will also be curious as to how the IAB and ISOC respond to the draft.  They could take up the call and say something.

On a related note, in
<http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2012/07/internet-governance-what-enhanced-cooperation>

"
We agreed with the Association of Progressive Communication (APC) and ICC-BASIS to organize a one-day pre-event back-to-back with the IGF in Baku on 5 November 2012. We also approached the previous developing country IGF Hosts and have received positive answers from Brazil, Egypt and Kenya to participate in this event. I announced this initiative on a panel on the Internet governance landscape at the ICANN meeting in Prague on 25 June.
"

In your draft you suggest:

"
The work of this Preparatory Working-Group could begin with an in-
   person kick-off meeting which might be a one-day pre-event for the
   2013 Internet Governance Forum.
"

As I understand it, the pre-event day is shaping up to have several choices. so far I now of possible plans: the high level ministerial, ISOC, Giganet, the EC event Markus mentioned in the blog and the ECTF preparatory.  I expect all of these may have some discussion of EC.  Should be a good day for furthering EC in an IGF context, though I hope the various efforts find way to share some of the common topics so that we are not torn as to which to attend.

avri