[governance]http://www.ntia.doc.gov/press-release/2012/commerce-department-awards-contract-management-key-internet-functions-icann

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Jul 3 13:45:55 EDT 2012

In message
<77A59FC9477004489D44DE7FC6840E7B1061E7 at SUEX10-mbx-08.ad.syr.edu>, at
17:32:04 on Tue, 3 Jul 2012, Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> writes
>A faster timetable is possible, if a solid proposal is developed within
>a year, and NTIA is convinced that is the case within 2 more years of
>administratively proper proceedings soliciting everyone's input on
>same.  That ICANN, ISOC, and the RIRs are all on the record favoring a
>shift helps, but is not sufficient.

Is this a post-Beckstrom ICANN view? I was always under the impression
that one of his top priorities was that the IANA contract stayed with
them. Given that policy development ought to be bottom-up, when should
(in your opinion) ICANN start scheduling a WG to discuss this 'shift'.
--
Roland Perry