AW: [governance] Follow-up on principles, pre-event, ECTF, WG: need for focus by IGC

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Jul 3 05:00:31 EDT 2012

On 03/07/12 16:44, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wrote:
> you are right, time is ripe to bring now the many "small rivers" which emerged from the many "hot and cold springs" in the last two years  into something like a "mainstream" which becomes politically relevant. I fully support a pre-event (The "Quo Vadis" Session) for Baku. I further support the idea, that the IGC produces an own statement (one or two position papers) on principles and EC.  This could be done online with a dateline October 15, 2012 and could be used as background material for the "Quo Vadis" session. Additionally there should be a background paper which just describes briefly all the various initiatives by governmental (IBSA, Shanghai, OECD, CoE etc.) and non-governmental (DC IRP, Brazil, APC, ICC etc.) bodies (something like a "mapping of the scene") so that we have a full overview what has been achieved so far and where we have the gaps.

Great!  An easy way for people to contribute would be to send links to
the other principles initiatives to me or to the list, and I'll add them
to our website - have a look at http://www.igcaucus.org/links for a
start I've made already.

Also good news that we are still intending to start something concrete
on EC in Baku, though I hope for more than just a position paper.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer*

Follow @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>