tr: Re: [governance] Calendar Preparations for 2012 [IGC]

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Fri Jan 20 16:31:53 EST 2012

sorry if double posting

Jean-Louis Fullsack

> Message du 20/01/12 18:29
> De : "Jean-Louis FULLSACK"
> A : governance at lists.cpsr.org, "Baudouin Schombe" , "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro"
> Copie à : "Judy Okite" , governance at lists.cpsr.org
> Objet : Re: [governance] Calendar Preparations for 2012 [IGC]
>
> Dear Baudouin

Thank you for this interesting information about the Central African sub-region which deserves our close attention since an appropriate  telecoms/ICT infrastructure is still in infancy. What's more, the Central African Backbone (CAB) project is unrelevant for a number of reasons identified by the NGO CESIR who sent its critics but also its propositions to the international bodies concerned : World Bank, AfDB, ITU. If you are interested in these propositions let me know, i'll send you the documents submitted to these bodies.

As far as the themes and issues raised by the Central African IGF in its meeting in Brazzaville are concerned, I'd like to thank Wilfrid for his report attached to your mail.
I examined it thoroughly and added my opinion and comments, since the meeting missed some important points. You'll find the document in French completed by these additions attached to this mail. I'd be happy to get your comments either on this list or on the africanet mailing list.

Best

Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT and CESIR

> Message du 19/01/12 18:07
> De : "Baudouin Schombe"
> A : "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro"
> Copie à : "Judy Okite" , governance at lists.cpsr.org
> Objet : Re: [governance] Calendar Preparations for 2012 [IGC]
>
> Dear Sala,
>
> I am so distressed to see that the IGF website / Central Africa (www.fgiac.org) is rendered unusable. It was set up and managed by Philemon Kissanguo of Congo Brazzaville.
> I can only send you the report of the 2011 IGF in Central Africa.
>
> For the year 2012, this meeting will be held in Cameroon. I contact Philemon in an emergency and I would like
> inform you later.
>
> Baudouin
>

> 2012/1/19 Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro

Thanks Judy. Badouin, grateful if you could advise us of the dates for your regional IGF.

Kind Regards,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Judy Okite  wrote:

Hello Sala,

> hope that you are well and thank you, for all your efforts.
>
> Mr. Baudouin Schombe
> Contact:- b.schombe at gmail.com or baudouin.schombe at ticafrica.net  are one of the key, persons, in the organisation and cordination of  Central Africa IGF.
>
> Copied, him on the email as well.
>
> Kind Regards,

“To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.” Kofi Annan

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro  wrote:

Dear All,

We have sent emails to the various Secretariats of the Regional Internet Governance Forums to seek dates of when they will host their Regional IGFs. We would like to ensure that this is up on the IGC Website as well. We contacted the Secretariats based on the listing available via  http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/regional-igfs .

We were unable to get a hold of the Central African IGF organisers. If there are important things happening that you think should feature on the IGC Calendar please send us an email to inform us.

Kind Regards,

--
> Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT