[governance] CSTD IGF WG - Day 3

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Jan 13 23:33:30 EST 2012

Dear list,

The WG meeting ended some 13 hours ago, and sorry for not reporting
how we ended.

There was good amount of debate about C, Funding of IGF,
and sometimes it related to the MAG function etc.
Ideas to explore innovative ways of funding was suggested
and it became some "homework", among others.

We ended at 6 pm on time, as Chair indicated to wrap-up around
5:30 pm, with general agreement of what we agreed and what we
did not agree with on Point C, Funding of IGF. The secretariat will
produce rolling document, and the Chair will make his Summary
Report of this 4th meeting, publish it asap, that will become the base
document of our 5th and final meeting to be held on Feb 20-22 in
Geneva.

I asked the Chair for him to report the status of the work of this WG
at the next
MAG open consultation meeting on Feb 14-16, and also to collect reactions
from the MAG meetings, that will be fed to our WG meeting and he generally
agreed.

Others also asked how we proceed to February, but also to CSTD meeting
in May. The Chair said that he will present the Recommendations (Report of
the WG), together with the Chair's report.

As for the "report" Sala asked, I am not sure if we can get together to make
one realistically, and am not comfortable doing so in the context of the
discussion about the collection of tweets/outside report - and Chatham Rule
thing. I stop here.

Thanks,

izumi

--