FW: [governance] Re: Day 2 - CSTD IGF WG

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Thu Jan 12 12:10:16 EST 2012

First, I don't think seeking support for MAG participation is mutually
exclusive with support from NGOs, in reality, but as a matter of principle
we are trying to make a case the need for stable support.

We had no capacity to discuss this with the list, yes, but that does
not mean we did not want to. But, all five members from Civil society
are expected to act on their own behalf, and there is not rule that
we have to consult every proposal with IGC list, unless we make
IGC statement. I hope you understand this.

And welcome any comments anytime, I will do our best to
accomodate them.

izumi

2012/1/13 michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>:
> Is this below the "official" policy of the IGC i.e. that those from
> Developed Countries without access to financial support for participation in
> the MAG (i.e. those NOT supported by a major NGO, a highly endowed
> university or private means) will be, because of this informal means test,
> excluded from participation in the MAG).
>
> Could I ask when this position was discussed and agreed to by our caucus?
>
> Mike

                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *
           << Writing the Future of the History >>