[governance] DCMA and Google's Filtering - What about the right to the Internet for rest of the world?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jan 6 05:22:26 EST 2012

Dear Fouad

You raise a very important issue.

Use of the Internet for enforcing US law on the whole world is a huge
problem, which problem will keep getting aggravated as the Internet
increasingly mediates more and more of our social realities. This
problem requires a well considered global response. Any suggestions
about what it could be?? - which is an open question for all.

Also to answer one of your specific questions, Fouad, - it is indeed
similar to SOPA in its extra-territorial extension of US law.

Parminder