[governance] Invitation to join Webinar on Online freedom of expression - Tuesday, 28th February

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:17:19 EST 2012

Dear All,

Some of you may recall that we had some lively discussions on Freedom of
Expression last year. This is just to advise that I will be speaking at a
Webinar tomorrow, details are below. The views expressed in the Webinar
will be strictly mine as an individual. Feel free to register if you are
free. Details are below:

** **

 ****

****

*Webinars*****

*www.diplomacy.edu*****

 ****

Dear colleagues,****

We are pleased to invite you to attend our Internet governance webinar:****

*Online Freedom of Expression ** *****

The Internet is a powerful tool of communication, which online users can
use to exercise their right to freedom of expression. However, what happens
when the right to freedom of expression is violated? Or when it is
confronted with other human rights provisions, such as privacy or
intellectual property? And who determines the balance? Join us on Tuesday,
28th February, at 08:00 GMT. Our special host is *Sala T. Tamanikaiwaimaro*,
co-coordinator of the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC). More
info is available
here<http://www.diplomacy.edu/calendar/webinar-online-freedom-expression>
.****

*
Reminder: Join our IG webinars group * ****

Our Internet governance webinars have become a regular appointment. Every
last Tuesday  of the month, a special guest hosts a discussion on the most
pressing issues and the main developments in the IG world. If you would
like to receive news, announcements, and follow-up e-mails regarding our IG
webinars, subscribe to our IG webinars
group<http://groups.google.com/group/igwebinars/subscribe?note=1>
.****

*Diplo's Webinar Team**