[governance] Remote Participation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Feb 25 09:08:44 EST 2012

On 25 Feb 2012, at 08:37, parminder wrote:

> (Also why this sentence - "We also encourage greater partnership between the governments and private sector in enhancing remote participation." What does this mean.)

We want them to not only support RP in principle, but put serious effort into making it happen?  i.e. money?

For the most part when it comes to things like this, CS can provide the so-called 'sweat equitiy', i.e the labor of the RPWG - those who dedicate nearly full time efforts to making it happen.  Without proper expenditures  and perhaps even regulations, e.g. about the constraints on streaming in some regions, no amount of effort on the part of the RPWG can fully succeed.

So could it mean that: at this point  CS is working essentially alone in this, except for some spotty industry support and we need governments and the private sector  to join in partnership with CS to make this happen?

avri