[governance] Remote Participation

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 03:48:12 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Baudouin SCHOMBE <b.schombe at gmail.com>wrote:

Happy Birthday Schombe!

> I agree in principle. In my opinion, I think it is necessary to launch the
> topics of discussion that we can relay to the mailing lists at local, sub
> regional and regional levels. This will prearrange RP. And if that is the
> case, these discussion topics may be sent two months prior to that national
> actors can react.

This is excellent. Deirdre had also suggested having people volunteer to
assist in Remote Participation. Be good if people empower themselves to the
WG to see how they can help but more importantly, what Schombe is
highlighting to identify core teams at national and sub regional and
regional IGFs etc. They can also prepare in advance to scout out venues,
and access capacities and if the private sector got involved to sponsor
bandwidth etc etc. It will be good to fully activate the multistakeholder
collaborative approach in this regard. If there are institutions who can
volunteer to run trainings on moderation etc, that will be great.

> In our mailing lists, we enrolled participants with skills and proven
> expertise can contribute actively to the topics scheduled.

+1